Subject: [boost] Licensing issue (TestCmd.py)
From: Polhodzik Peter (ext) (Peter.Polhodzik.ext_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-10-01 06:13:37

Hi all,

Could anyone tell me, why the \boost_1_38_0\tools\build\v2\test\TestCmd.py (TestCmd version 0.02) file in Boost 1.38.0<http://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_38_0.html> has Steven Knight's Python license reference, this:

# Copyright 2000 Steven Knight
# This module is free software, and you may redistribute it and/or modify
# it under the same terms as Python itself, so long as this copyright message
# and disclaimer are retained in their original form.
#
# IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT,
# SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF
# THIS CODE, EVEN IF THE AUTHOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
# DAMAGE.
#
# THE AUTHOR SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT
# LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A
# PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE CODE PROVIDED HEREUNDER IS ON AN "AS IS" BASIS,
# AND THERE IS NO OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER TO PROVIDE MAINTENANCE,
# SUPPORT, UPDATES, ENHANCEMENTS, OR MODIFICATIONS.
__author__ = "Steven Knight <knight_at_[hidden]<mailto:knight_at_[hidden]>>"
__revision__ = "TestCmd.py 0.D002 2001/08/31 14:56:12 software"
__version__ = "0.02"

while the original TestCmd 0.02<http://baldmt.com/Test-Cmd/Archive/Test-Cmd-0.02.tar.gz> is Perl licensed, this way:

COPYRIGHT

Copyright 1999-2000 Steven Knight. All rights reserved. This program
is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the
same terms as Perl itself.

?
It is also unclear which Python or Perl license it refers to ,since there are more licenses versions for both.

I know 1.38.0 is an old release, but now I definitely need to have the information about this one. Updating to 1.56.0 is NOT an option to solve the problem this time.

Thank you!!

Üdvözlettel / Best Regards,

Péter POLHODZIK
OSS Expert
[cid:image001.jpg_at_01CFDD70.90958F30]
Phone:

+36 (46) 5-17894

Fax:

+36 (46) 5-17801

Peter.Polhodzik.ext_at_[hidden]<mailto:Peter.Polhodzik.ext_at_[hidden]>
evosoft Hungary Kft.
Arany János tér 1.
H-3508 Miskolc
www.evosoft.com<http://www.evosoft.com/>