Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost.DLL] Formal Review request
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-10-04 15:58:35

On 4 Oct 2014 at 16:07, Antony Polukhin wrote:

> BOOST_DLL_AUTO_ALIAS(my_namespace::function) == "void(int)" // not a
> mangled "my_namespace::adl_barrier::function(int)" string
>
> I see no way to extract function name from compiler internals. Implementing
> mangling for variables only is a task that does not worth wasting time,
> because exporting functions is a much more popular case than exporting
> variables.

I'd like to see everything possible supported.

You could define a dummy type where the variable lives in its
namespaces, and then deconstruct the variable mangling from that.
Append something like $$$___$$$ to the variable name in the dummy
type, that makes it very easy to remove in the mangling.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/