Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost.DLL] Formal Review request
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-10-05 13:23:28

On 05/10/2014 07:28, Antony Polukhin wrote:

> That's exactly what I'm talking about. typeid returns *types*, while
> Boost.DLL works with exported *instances*.

For importing, all you have is name + type anyway.
The question is: is there an easy scheme that allows you to compute the
name of the symbol from that information?

If there isn't, I suppose the current approach of aliasing is suitable.
Personally, I only use C functions in my ABI, but if we ever wanted to
make this standard-proof, it would need to have no such restrictions.