Subject: [boost] [range] How does remove_erase() work?
From: Stephan T. Lavavej (stl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-10-06 18:18:08

Hi,

I'm updating my Uniform Container Erasure proposal [1], and I was informed that Boost.Range has a similar-ish remove_erase(). I have a very simple question about its implementation, so I can describe it accurately in my revised proposal, but I don't really want to look at erase.hpp's guts.

Does remove_erase() just use the erase-remove idiom, or does it contain special cases for the vector-like family, list-like family, and map-like family? (As N4009 explained, the erase-remove idiom is suboptimal for list, and won't compile for forward_list and the map-like family.)

Thanks,
STL

[1] http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2014/n4009.htm