Subject: Re: [boost] Custom logging backend difficulty
From: Kenneth Adam Miller (kennethadammiller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-10-27 15:48:28

Reading some more at the top of this:
http://boost-log.sourceforge.net/libs/log/doc/html/log/tutorial/formatters.html

I found that:
Even if you added attributes to the logging core or a logger, the attribute
values will not reach the output unless you specify a formatter that will
use these values.

is what is holding me up. How can I specify a formatter that just gives the
attribute name and then it's value, each separable by some delimiter? I
want to make certain that all attributes are consumed. Really, the reason
why I want this is, I don't know what the actual types are in the attr<
some_type > format, as demonstrated in several examples. This is kind of a
work around, but really I just want all the data that I enable at the
consumer level to make it by some default formatting method.