Subject: [boost] Coming up on 1.57 release date - get your fixes in
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-10-29 10:50:09

We’ll be closing the master branch tomorrow (Thursday) for the 1.57.0 release.
Changes not in by then will not go into the release.

Also, what issues in the beta have not been addressed?

> Visual C++ 14 CTP 4 without BOOST_MSVC_ENABLE_2014_JUN_CTP: all libraries
> built successfully (but some are not usable, mostly because of missing
> noexcept)

> All projects using Boost I tried (Debug 32-bit + 64-bit) compiled
> successfully with MSVC12. For MSVC14, TypeTraits 9de6a49 is missing in
> master.

I believe that these have been merged.

> Interprocess is broken for MinGW and there are some issues with Intrusive in GCC. I've committed fixes for both.

I believe that this has been merged.

Thread fixes have been merged.

I do not know if the patches described in http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2014/10/217257.php have been merged.

> range/detail/any_iterator.hpp is broken because it expects
> postfix_increment_proxy and writable_postfix_increment_proxy to be in
> namespace boost::detail, but they are in boost::iterators::detail now.

This does NOT appear to have been fixed

> boost serialization is still broken(said so: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.user/82715 ) and to date i do know no workaround to get my library to work on fx Arch Linux without telling users to rebuild with boost 1.55 (or sending them a saved package from my system…)

I do not know what the status of this is; but there have been no commits to range/master in October.

Just this morning we received a report of Boost.PP failing on VS 2013.

Have I missed any of the beta issues?

— Marshall