Subject: Re: [boost] 1.57.0 beta 1 is now available
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-10-29 23:01:06

On 10/29/2014 8:56 AM, Johan Doré wrote:
> Dear Boost
>
> First of all thanks for all your great work. It is simply amazing.
>
> We dowloaded 1.57 Beta 1 to test it, and have some first feedback for you.
>

> On Visual C++ 2013 (12.0.21005.1) we compile a project with this code:
>
> #include <boost/scope_exit.hpp>
>
> int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])
> {
> int Temp = 0;
>
> BOOST_SCOPE_EXIT(Temp) { Temp = 0; } BOOST_SCOPE_EXIT_END;
> return 0;
> }
>
> Unfortunately this gives us the warning:
>
> warning C4003: not enough actual parameters for macro 'BOOST_PP_EXPAND_I'

It is an expected warning from Boost PP, which can be ignored. The VC++
preprocessor is not a C++ standard conforming preprocessor so it gives
warnings when none are necessary. There is virtually nothing that can be
done against such warnings except to attempt to turn them off completely
within Boost PP code. I will look into doing this but often it is
impossible to do since VC++ often does not honor where the preprocessor
warning actually takes place when an effort is made to eliminate the
warning at that place.