Subject: Re: [boost] Enhancing regression tests summary
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-10-30 10:23:13

Paul A. Bristow wrote:
> So I developed a simple program downloading summaries, test logs and saving
> the
>> enhanced result.
>> You may check it out here: https://github.com/awulkiew/summary-enhancer
> Neat :-)
>
> I'd certainly find this very helpful when checking the Boost.Math test monster
> matrix.

Yes, it's big and various kind of errors can be found there.

FYI, it has some new features.
It can keep a log about the tests previously detected as failing and
generate a report about new failures.
It's also possible to send an email containing this report (to many
recipients). It uses SMTP without authentication and e.g. Google throws
such messages into SPAM, but a filter can be set for them. Alternatively
SPF record could be configured in the machine's domain but I haven't
played with it. Some local SMTP server could also probably work.
Currently the mailing configuration must be placed in the file mail.cfg
containing per-line settings (see the example in the repo).
So if run periodically the program should notify about new regressions.

Regards,
Adam