Subject: Re: [boost] Boost Incubator Status Report
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-05 16:32:56

On 5 Nov 2014 at 9:42, Robert Ramey wrote:

> e) I would like to see a little more support from Boost Steering Committee
> on this effort. Specifically I would like to see the Announcement that
> Boost endorses the Boost Library Incubator (www.blincubator) packaged and
> distributed as press release so that it would show up in places like Dr
> Dobbs Journal. (http://www.drdobbs.com) and isocpp.org (http://isocpp.org).
> It is a great disappointment to me that in spite of a fair amount of effort,
> I've been unable to get these sites (among others) to announce the Boost
> endorsement of Boost Library Incubator.

The lack of SC support for your Incubator came up in private email
recently. It was observed that it was surprising that the SC had not
invested money and allocated bodies in helping to advance your
Incubator, and instead merely given a weak statement of vague support
which got swallowed by noise. It was then observed that no formal
request for anything but a statement of support had been made, and so
therefore nothing more than a statement of support was given. It
could be concluded that if you formally ask for more, you might get
more.

If I were you Robert, I'd make a formal request to the SC for each of
the following:

1. Financial support for the running of the Incubator.

2. The hiring of Wordpress consultancy to advise you where you have
been having some struggle.

3. The hiring of someone to deeply integrate the Incubator into the
Boost website. This could be the consultancy from 2.

4. Begin work on drafting new rules for submitting a new Boost
library to default to the Incubator, the old method of going via the
wizards is removed.

... and see what happens.

Niall

--