Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Build: new tutorial
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-09 12:01:20

Helpful.

I feel that a lot of the trouble with b2 (it would be helpful to mention that it is also called bjam?)
is the syntax - I find it truly bizarre.

And the resulting error messages are also pretty inscrutable :-(

Now that we have Boost.Filesystem etc, if b2 rules were written as C++ functions ...

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse