Subject: Re: [boost] [git][flyweight] something messed up with master and develop branch
From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-11 07:34:57

> Dear Git connoiseurs:
>
> I've realized that my master and develop branches at boostorg/flwight
> appear collapsed:
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/flyweight/network

Actually this is good. In GIT branches are determinated by their labels:
see 'master' and 'develop' labels at the boostorg/flyweight commits line
https://github.com/boostorg/flyweight/network

Two unmatching lines of commits mean that content of those lines differ,
which is not what we usually want from `master` and `develop` after merge.

Here's some example were you can see 3 branches, two of which are same
(`develop` and `simplification`) while `master` branch does not have last
commit: https://github.com/boostorg/lexical_cast/network After `git merge
develop` will be done at the `master` branch, all the three lables will be
pointing to a single commit.

The only strange thing with boostorg/flyweight is that commit
https://github.com/boostorg/flyweight/commit/26b6b4887f05300a17beee32c1bd596181dd8e24
merged two lines, while usually we need to `merge develop to master` and
`merge master to develop` to achieve that for first time.

--
Best regards,
Antony Polukhin