Subject: Re: [boost] Dark Commentary on Programming
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-11 10:10:02

On 11/11/2014 05:40 PM, Niall Douglas wrote:
> I've noticed us old timers don't immediately jump into coding
> prototypes to test ideas as much as younger engineers which I assume
> is a Silicon Valley thing. They literally try to hack together
> something which might work using whatever libraries pop out from the
> first page of google results. This works well with webby and
> interpreted languages as you don't really need a build system.

In theory. In practice, there's Grunt and there's Gulp, and there's
two competing module systems, and there's minification and
concatenation and there's coffeescript and CSS preprocessors, so
in the end, web projects have quite non-trivial build systems.

--
Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Embedded