Subject: Re: [boost] [multi_index] Doc suggestion.
From: Mostafa (mostafa_working_away_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-11 16:00:46

On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 12:30:17 -0800, Joaquin M Lopez Munoz <joaquin_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Mostafa <mostafa_working_away <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>

>> Not being able to mutate elements through non-const iterators is
>> surprising enough that I forget about it every time I use
>> Boost.MultiIndex. Part of the reason for this is that this information
>> is
>> buried under [...]
>
> Yes, this has bitten many users over the years. Updated doc along your
> suggestion:
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/multi_index/
> commit/e18ece1ec13a8050aa5e75a522b8833dc37df37c
>
> Does this look any better?

Yes, thanks! I just have two nitpicks:

1) line 1076: I think the following: "sequenced index iterator's
value_type is <i>constant</i>" is a little more clear. IMO the previous
wording gave the impression that only const_iteratorS are available.

2) I'm kind of leery about picking out sequenced_index for special
treatment since the same thing also applies to all other indices, so why
isn't the same thing repeated for them also?

HTH,

Mostafa