Subject: Re: [boost] [EXTERNAL] [mpl] [build] [testing] Merge pull requests
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-12 09:16:11

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 5:04 PM, Vladimir Prus
<vladimir_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 11/12/2014 04:50 PM, Edward Diener wrote:
>>
>> On 11/12/2014 8:39 AM, Andrey Semashev wrote:
>>>
>>> Sorry, the context is probably lost.
>>>
>>> When my pull request that separated MPL into MPL.Core was merged, it
>>> broke some testers. The breakage was caused by Boost.Build behavior,
>>> which did not create links to all headers in MPL and MPL.Core. The
>>> relevant threads are:
>>>
>>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/254291/
>>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/254629/
>>>
>>> It is not clear why that happens but I created a pull request with a
>>> workaround:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/boostorg/boost/pull/39
>>>
>>> However, the commit to MPL was reverted and the workaround was not
>>> applied.
>>>
>>> I was asking about the state of the issue with Boost.Build.
>>

>> Maybe posting on the Boost Build mailing list would help since your pull
>> request with a workaround refers to Boost Build.
>

> If I recall correctly, it was never determined what the breakage is, and how
> to reproduce it at will.
>
> Is there a reproduction recipe now?

Yes, I posted the link to the reproducing steps in the pull request.
Since MPL is now reverted, the steps change a little:

1. Checkout libs/mpl from my fork
https://github.com/lastique/mpl/tree/modularization. This is how MPL
looked before it was reverted. You can do it like this:

  cd libs/mpl
  git remote add lastique git_at_[hidden]:Lastique/mpl.git
  git fetch lastique
  git checkout modularization
  cd ../..

At this point you should see modularized MPL - there will be
libs/mpl/core directory.

2. rm -f bin* boost
3. cd tools/regression/build
4. b2 -q
5. Notice that this directory is missing: boost/mpl/aux_/preprocessed.
You will also notice that a lot of boost/ content is missing.