Subject: Re: [boost] [config] [VC++ 14.0 aka 2015] Removing BOOST_MSVC_ENABLE_2014_JUN_CTP macro requirement.
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-18 14:27:34

On 18/11/2014 18:59, Stephan T. Lavavej wrote:
> [Beman Dawes]
>> As of the moment, the BOOST_MSVC_ENABLE_2014_JUN_CTP macro must be defined
>> to eliminate a bunch of macros that should not apply to the Visual Studio
>> 2015 Preview:
>> BOOST_NO_CXX11_ALIGNAS [no value]
>
> FYI, alignas has a limitation in Preview that will affect any attempt to use it in aligned_storage. Specifically, classes with alignas'ed data members can't be passed by value.

That's not surprising, given that it is the same limitation as
__declspec( align( # ), and the reasons are because it's not compatible
with the ABI.

The annoying bit is that building a function type that takes such types
by value is enough, you don't need to actually make a call to a function.
This is since VC12 I think, at least VC10 didn't have this behaviour.