Subject: Re: [boost] [optional] Safe optional
From: Nevin Liber (nevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-19 16:08:35

On 19 November 2014 13:42, Andrey Semashev <andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> I think you're taking it too negatively.

Perhaps. Maybe it's just the scars from trying to get optional into C++14.

Whenever expected or variant gets discussed in committee, the question of
"Do we still need optional?" gets raised. The answer in favor of optional
is yes because it has a much better interface. If the interface is in
flux, well, that argument isn't very compelling.

While I will continue to vote strongly in favor of adding optional to
C++17, I might not participate in the battles to help make that happen,
since I am far more interested in forward progress than churn for churn's
sake. But that is just me.

--
 Nevin ":-)" Liber  <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden]>  (847) 691-1404