Subject: Re: [boost] List of C++ 11 only Boost libraries and their status?
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-24 22:53:02

> >> C++11 *only*. (or more precisely >= C++11)
> >> ie won't work in anything less?
> > Sure, but what's the point of this? Is it discouraged to use old C style
> > for() loops now?
> >

> ;-)
>
> Hartmut, you have a rich experience with HPX and C++11 compilers. What
> are the things that were easier with a C++11 compiler/C++ STL library?

Many things are a lot easier with C++11/14, we all know that. But what is
the point of creating a list of libraries _requiring_ a C++11 compiler? Code
which does not use C++11/14 features is still compilable with modern
compilers just fine. Also, it's still possible to use older code together
with newer libraries. The only purpose I would see is to tell people which
libraries they can't use if they are stuck with older compilers for some
reason...

Sorry I miss the point of this discussion and will shut up.
Regards Hartmut
http://boost-spirit.com
http://stellar.cct.lsu.edu