Subject: Re: [boost] [review] [sort] Sort library review manager results
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-30 11:00:26

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 9:22 AM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 12:00 PM, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
> > On 11/27/2014 6:07 AM, Beman Dawes wrote:
>

> > Hasn't there been lots of discussions of the difficulty of having
> > libraries other than directly under boost/libs ?
>

> There were some teething problems, but haven't those all been resolved?

There is one "problem" I ran into that as a result of that I
suggested/requested that we put all submodules at the boost/libs level. I
attempted to create a minimal subset of Boost to just build the
documentation tools <
https://github.com/grafikrobot/boost-doctools/tree/develop>. And it was
hard to find and recreate the structure of sub-sub-modules as it wasn't
obvious where they mapped from the build errors. And in some circumstances
there where duplicate names at multiple levels which made it harder.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything