Subject: Re: [boost] Use of boost in safety critical work
From: Rogerio dos Santos (rogerio.santos.main_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-05 07:33:49

I agree with Rob.

Boost smart pointers might be really valuable on such kind of development,
since memory management might be critical. Another Boost libraries that
might be interesting on such applications are Statechart and Meta State
Machine (MSM), since on critical safety applications you might work with
finite state machines that always goes to a safe and known state.

In other hand, you might have a hard time convincing them to use boost
since PDS (Previously Developed Software) as it may be developed
independently of any specific application and not developed in house, are
not necessarily compliant with the requirements they should fulfill. Even
if you are able to prove that a specific boost library might fulfill all
the safety requirements, you will have to stick with an specific version
since the library in use might not guarantee the requirements with new
updates.

However, this does not means that you cannot use the boost concepts ideas
and develop in-house subsets of the boost libraries that fulfills all
security requirements requirements applied.