Subject: Re: [boost] Do we need BoostBook?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-08 05:34:43

It's possible, but I'm not sure that anyone would *want* to do more than look up
the odd factette on a mobile. But it's certainly possible and if we can make is
better, we should do it.

Would anyone want Boost docs on a tablet as bedtime reading? (except in case of
serious insomnia ;-)

So I don't think that being tablet friendly is *terribly* important -
hyperlinking, search and indexing and completeness are much more important
design objectives and we are not doing too badly on these.

> If we think tablet use case is important, a single line in the generated HTML
will improve matters considerably (the meta viewport tag).

Provided this has no cost to the desktop user, perhaps we should try to add
this?

Paul

PS I note that the PDF reader in Windows 8.1 is so dumbed down that it makes
navigation of documents more than a few pages long almost impossible. This
makes reading, say, Boost.Math an unpleasant experience, even with the side
pages on.