Subject: [boost] Is Boost.Asio ported for Windows Runtime?
From: Moshe Rubin (moshe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-09 03:11:32

Boost.Asio is a headers-only library which makes use of Boost's 'system' library. Since the 'system' library has been ported to Windows Runtime (aka WinRT) by Steven Gates of Microsoft, I assumed that Boost.Asio should therefore work as-is for WinRT.

When I wrote to Steven asking him to verify that Boost.Asio will work today for WinRT he answered:

<quote>
"I don't know if Boost.Asio works with the Windows Runtime. I would guess it doesn't entirely, but since it is a header file only library it might work depending on the features used. My recommendation would be to run the Windows App Cert Kit and if you didn't pull in any banned APIs then you might be good.

When I look in the history of the Boost.Asio Github repository I can see the maintainer at least started some work for the Windows Runtime. I recommend you reach out to him or post of the Boost mailing forums to see."
</quote>

Can the Boost.Asio maintainer, or anyone else, verify if Boost.Asio can be built as-is for WinRT, or does it need to be ported?

Thanks in advance,

Moshe Rubin