Subject: Re: [boost] [RPC] Compile-time reflection for RPC and mocking
From: Bjorn Reese (breese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-09 06:10:53

On 12/08/2014 03:27 PM, Peter Bindels wrote:

> - I can work on this idea to work it out into a full RPC mechanism, to be
> proposed for Boost.RPC, if there is enough interest. Currently it uses

We are seeing a general tendency away from RPC towards either ReST for
client-server architectures or messaging middlewares for peer-to-peer
architectures.

If you are interested in working on alternative proposals, then one
possibility could be to add a client-side for the Boost.Http project:

   https://github.com/BoostGSoC14/boost.http

If you like to work with binary protocols, adding CoAP to the above
project could also be useful.

> macros to generate and wrap functions, and a simple serializer that
> serializes in the same way that Protobuf and Thrift also serialize.

We already have Boost.Serialization and Boost.Fusion that are capable of
serialization.