Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-build] Boost 1.57 hot-out-of-Git fails to compile for Windows Phone
From: Jürgen Hunold (jhunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-10 15:45:01

Hi Volodya,

Am Freitag, 5. Dezember 2014, 11:19:25 schrieb Vladimir Prus:
> On 12/04/2014 09:37 PM, Jürgen Hunold wrote:
> > Since sometime last week, Boost.Context depends on Boost.System.
> > Unfortunately, Boost.Context has to explicitly calculate the
> > <address-model> and <architecture> properties in order to select the
> > assembler needed, as those properties have no default value (yet).
> > It so happens that Boost.System is once requested without those properties
> > and a second time with them. And the <layout> rule is asked to build both
> > target with the same effective name in stage/lib. => clash.
> >
> > So explicitly specifying the properties leads to the right solution.
> >
> > I cross-mail this to the Boost.Build list to see if someone has a
> > solution.
>
> It would seem I'd have to make architecture and address-model always set,
> possibly by lifting current boost.context code for same to the top level?
> At least I don't see any other plausible soluton.

Me neither.

And I think this is not the only configuration code that needs uplifting. We
have some duplicated configuration code for ICU and zlib.

The main difficulty is the question of sensible default feature values for
<address-model> and <architecture>. Especially for Windows with its path
length limitations.

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold  !
* voice: ++49 4257 300       ! Fährstraße 1