Subject: Re: [boost] [test] boost.test owner unresponsive to persistent problems for multiple years
From: Tim Blechmann (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-27 02:46:39

>> If there are issues fixed in develop branch, it would help a lot
>> to inform users by updating the tickets accordingly.
>
> Here is a blanket update message: at this point all the issues with
> Boost.Test are fixed on devel branch ;).

a) fixes are useless to users if they are not made available. read: not
merged from develop to master. if you fail to do that for whatever
reason, don't call it "fixed".

b) 'blanked update messages' about anything that is done on an a develop
branch, is useless for people who are submitting and/or watching tickets.

----
if for whatever reason you are not able to maintain boost.test or cannot
devote any time on this, you might want to accept help from others.
that said: i had been in the situation that tests for one of my boost
libraries failed in the master branch due to bugs in boost.test, which
"are fixed in develop". it is simply unacceptable for a framework like
boost not to be able to rely on its own testing library.
br,
tim