Subject: Re: [boost] [EXTERNAL] [compute] Review period starts today December 15, 2014, ends on December 24, 2014
From: Kyle Lutz (kyle.r.lutz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-30 20:08:59

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Belcourt, Kenneth <kbelco_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I ran into a compilation problem on another Cray system:
>
> "boost/include/boost/compute/type_traits/type_name.hpp", line 79: error:
> class
> "boost::compute::detail::type_name_trait<boost::compute::char_>" has
> already been defined
> BOOST_COMPUTE_DEFINE_BUILTIN_TYPE_NAME_FUNCTION(char)
> ^
>
> Commenting out line 79 got me past the error.

Interesting. My best guess is that this occurs because "cl_char" and
"char" are actually synonymous on that platform which leads us to
specialize the same template twice. Would you mind submitting a bug to
the issue tracker [1] for this?

>> 8. Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library?
>
> Yes. It’s already highly usable in it’s current form and I’m confident it will evolve and be improved once accepted into Boost. Very nice work Kyle.

Thanks for the review!

-kyle

[1] https://github.com/kylelutz/compute/issues