Subject: Re: [boost] [compute] Review
From: Gruenke,Matt (mgruenke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-31 00:35:42

-----Original Message-----
From: Boost [mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of John Bytheway
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2014 23:14
To: boost_at_[hidden]

> On 2014-12-30 21:46, Gruenke,Matt wrote:

>> Async host <-> device copies only exist at the low level
>> (command_queue). They sidestep the issue by using raw pointers and
>> size.
>
> I dispute that. There's a copy_async to which you need not supply a
> command_queue. It seems high-level to me.

Good catch. I looked for it, but somehow missed it. I fully agree that the constraint should be specified & enforced at compile-time.

Matt

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressees named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in respect of any information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.