Subject: Re: [boost] [test] boost.test owner unresponsive to persistent problems for multiple years
From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-31 10:43:37

On 31. des. 2014 15:49, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> On 12/31/2014 04:04 PM, Peter Dimov wrote:
>> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>>> I might be mistaken, but in Trac, you can either say:
>>>
>>> Addresses #100
>>>
>>> or
>>>
>>> Fixes #100
>>
>> You're not mistaken, this is what I did in the SVN days, except I used
>> "Refs #100" when committing to trunk, and then "Fixes" when merging
>> to release. One needed to keep track of what commit fixed what ticket
>> though.
>>
>> But we're no longer on SVN. Do those work today?
>
> I though there was effort to make this happen, but looking now, don't
> see any webhooks on our git repositories. Daniel,
> would it be easy to revive?

It looks at least to be supported from trac 1.0 onward, and as a third
party plugin before that.

http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracGit

which mention

http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/CommitTicketUpdater

to do these things. The pages does however indicate some performance
issues with larger repositories and the Git integration. There need to
be tracking local clones of the repositories at the trac server.

Tighter integration with GitHub repositories and features than what this
plugin currently seems to support may be desirable. Maybe:

https://github.com/aaugustin/trac-github

could be used.

I suspect migrating away from trac in a sensible way is a lot more work
though, so this may be worth it.

--
Bjørn