Subject: Re: [boost] Directory structure not quite right yet?
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-01 09:50:22

Andrey Semashev wrote:
> Note that this does not mean that there will be no such common directory
> in users' setups. The equivalent of 'make install' or package installation
> can (and I'm sure will, at least for some time) form the boost directory
> with all public headers. The location of this directory is
> system-specific.

Happy New Year :-)

Let's assume Windows then. Let's say that the package installer installs
libs/this and libs/that into C:\boost-1.57.0, and then does the equivalent
of "b2 headers". The header links go into C:\boost-1.57.0\boost, and the
user needs to add C:\boost-1.57.0 to the include path. I say that -I
C:\boost-1.57.0\include is better and more consistent with expectations.