Subject: [boost] updated Boost.Test devel->master: documentation needs
From: Dave Gomboc (dave_gomboc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-01 12:33:26

> What left in docs:
>
> * general reformating of existing pages and separation to "user's guide" and "advanced usage scenarios" (I am working on this)
> * BOOST_TEST tool, including figuring out what to do with old testing tools description and reference
> * data driven test cases (Raffi works on this)
> * decorators support (Andrzej volunteered to help with this)
> * run by name/label description. Including multitude of new syntax options
> * figure out doxigen issues
> * figure out new format for examples
> * few minor issues with Boost.Logos
> * investigate Boost.pp style left side menu (optional)
> * interaction testing (optional)
> * production use of Boost.Test (optional)
> * anything else missing from above (hopefully nothing big)
>
> Any takers?
> Gennadiy

Thanks for posting this list, Gennadiy.

I'll volunteer to write up a section on the production use of
Boost.Test. I will, however, need source material in order to do so.

Boosters, have you ever or do you now use either Boost.Test or an
alternative testing framework in a production-like manner?
- with more complicated or less common build systems
- when regression testing across multiple versions of dependent libraries
- when regression testing across multiple toolchains and/or platforms
- as part of deployments within virtualized containers
- et cetera

If so, could you please describe your setup, either here on-list or
privately to myself? I will collect the responses received, and from
them, prepare documentation so that people new to Boost.Test can get
started with setting up production-quality regression testing
environments.

Dave