Subject: Re: [boost] [compute] Some remarks
From: Gruenke,Matt (mgruenke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-03 17:58:03

Keep in mind that Boost.Compute needs synchronization support to facilitate exception safety. I don't know if any type of futures can provide that, but its own futures don't. Ideally, you'd also want to express the data dependencies to the OpenCL C layer, to facilitate out-of-order kernel execution (whether using an out-of-order queue or multiple in-order queues).

To that end...