Subject: Re: [boost] [build] Tests automatically create header links, but library builds do not
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-03 19:09:11

On Saturday 03 January 2015 19:00:30 Peter Dimov wrote:
> If I remove my boost/ directory, and attempt to build, for example, atomic,
> by going into libs/atomic/build and invoking b2, it fails due to a missing
> header:
>
> Why is that?

That's because Boost.Build is unable to parse #includes made with preprocessor
macros. The TypeTraits headers are included from the implementation headers in
Atomic, which in turn are included through a macro. Boost.Build does not find
those implementation headers and hence do not make TypeTraits a dependency.

We discussed this on the list in the MPL.Core-related thread.