Subject: Re: [boost] [build] Tests automatically create header links, but library builds do not
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-05 04:06:01

On Monday 05 January 2015 11:20:06 Vladimir Prus wrote:

> Last time I recall you and Andrey had a discussion about the best way to
> handle this, and no agreement was reached?

Yes, IIRC, Peter suggested to add fake #includes to the code and I didn't like
it. I still think Boost.Build should link all headers before testing. In this
case it should also be done before building a library. Is this possible?

Alternatively, is it possible to add a dependency on a header-only library so
that its include path (e.g. libs/type_traits/include) is added to compiler
switches? This dependency would have to be transitive, so that if I add it to
Atomic, other libraries that use Atomic also get the include path for
TypeTraits. If this is done there would be no need for linking headers prior
to building libraries.