Subject: Re: [boost] [build] Tests automatically create header links, but library builds do not
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-05 06:06:51

On Monday 05 January 2015 12:29:06 Vladimir Prus wrote:
> On 01/05/2015 12:06 PM, Andrey Semashev wrote:
> > On Monday 05 January 2015 11:20:06 Vladimir Prus wrote:
> >> Last time I recall you and Andrey had a discussion about the best way to
> >> handle this, and no agreement was reached?
> >
> > Yes, IIRC, Peter suggested to add fake #includes to the code and I didn't
> > like it. I still think Boost.Build should link all headers before
> > testing. In this case it should also be done before building a library.
> > Is this possible?
>
> Your pull request does exactly that, so yes, it's possible.

The pull request does this for testing, but not for building libraries. I
understand we can similarly modify all libraries Jamfiles (and all tests and
examples while we're at it), but I was more interested if it was possible to
do it centrally, in Boost.Build.

> My original concern was that we don't understand why implicit-dependency is
> not working, now that we've established that it's not a Boost.Build bug,
> but rather MPL's use of preprocessor, I don't have an opinion either way,
> but I would much rather we implement a solution that everybody interested
> agrees with.
>
> I understand you prefer to just always link all headers. I'd be happy to
> apply that change if there are no -1 votes in this thread, and overall
> positive vote, by the time I'm back from public holidays next Monday. See
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html by what I mean by 'vote'. Does
> that work?

Works for me. Count me as +1.

Happy holidays!