Subject: Re: [boost] Road to low-quality-code is paved with good intentions of dropping dependencies
From: Nevin Liber (nevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-07 11:48:58

On 7 January 2015 at 09:22, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> For all the type traits that are now supported by the standard library
> in use, it might be nice if #include
> <boost/type_traits/std/some_trait.hpp> brought in the standard library
> version. So eventually the many boost libraries that use only type
> traits that have been standardized would have no dependencies on the
> actual boost implementations.

In order to do that, we need to somehow unify the following unrelated types:

std::integral_constant<bool, b>
boost::integral_constant<bool, b>
boost::mpl::integral_c<bool, b>

Otherwise, it'll break the world, as most usages of type traits are either
via tag dispatching or enable_if.

--
 Nevin ":-)" Liber  <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden]>  (847) 691-1404