Subject: Re: [boost] Road to low-quality-code is paved with good intentionsof dropping dependencies
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-07 13:44:51

>> > In order to do that, we need to somehow unify the following
>> unrelated > types:
>> >
>> > std::integral_constant<bool, b>
>> > boost::integral_constant<bool, b>
>> > boost::mpl::integral_c<bool, b>
>> >
>> > Otherwise, it'll break the world, as most usages of type traits are
>> > either via tag dispatching or enable_if.
>>
>> I've already suggested a way to do that. Namely, integral constant
>> types of type T and value v need to acquire a converting constructor
>> from anything of type U for which U::value == v.
>
> As explained in http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2014/06/214248.php

I think these suggestions put the cart before the horse - if only
"modern" compilers are to be supported - and most of these techniques
seem to require something reasonably modern - then most of the
type_traits dependencies could be removed anyway.

So.... what is the minimal compiler requirement to be?

John.