Subject: Re: [boost] Road to low-quality-code is paved with good intentionsof dropping dependencies
From: Rob Stewart (rob.stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-08 04:54:33

On January 7, 2015 2:02:24 PM EST, Mikael Persson <mikael.s.persson_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> P.S.: I find that this discussion also exemplifies what I see as a big
> problem with Boost discussions, that is, any decision-making
> discussion on
> broader issues quickly digresses into people raising their favourite
> pet-peeves (like compiler support reqs, git submoduling, distribution
> issues, etc.) and discussing small examples at length (like
> integral-constant).

I fail to see how those issues raised in this discussion were not relevant. The discussion is exploring the various effects of the proposal.

If you think an issue is off topic for a particular discussion, post a reply that tries to restore focus. IOW, the responsibility to keep discussions focused lies with the community.

___
Rob