Subject: Re: [boost] [test] boost.test owner unresponsive to persistent problems for multiple years
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-08 12:51:17

Jürgen Hunold <jhunold <at> gmx.eu> writes:

Hi Jürgen
> The main issue seems to be the major refactorings in the
> develop branch. It
> is easy to blame the tool, but the new functionality should
> have been develop
> in a separate feature branch.

When development started we were still in svn. I think we'll use this model
from now on.

> I think Gennadiy is refering to the whole docs and _refactorings_
> release
> which will of course include the bug fixes. And this unfortunately
> takes time.

To be frank with you I do not believe I need to explain myself to every
disgruntled user, whose minor fix did not make into into release on time.
There were number of very real causes:
* Number of big improvements being implemented
* modular boost migration
* general view in boost community that Boost.Test needs to be upgraded
rarely to avoid disturbing other library's development
* Switch to Quickbook required significant time investment

There were few "less justifiable":
* life happen
* my general difficulty to write lots of docs ;)

That said, the problem is over exaggerated. IMO There are only limited
number of minor issues which stay non-addressed for a extended amount of
time. There are lot more tickets, but they do not represent all the real
action items - lot of them I simply do not agree with ;o)

Gennadiy