Subject: Re: [boost] Road to low-quality-code is paved with good intentions of dropping dependencies
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-09 11:55:46

Daniel James wrote:

> Jamroot has still a special case for numeric, so that's at least one place
> where they don't.

C:\Projects\boost-git\boost>grep numeric Jamroot

C:\Projects\boost-git\boost>

This is on develop. Maybe master still has the numeric special case, I
haven't checked. develop however now looks at libs/*/include and
libs/*/*/include as far as I can see. chrono~stopwatches already takes
advantage of this.

local all-headers =
    [ MATCH .*libs/(.*)/include/boost : [ glob libs/*/include/boost
libs/*/*/include/boost ] ] ;

It doesn't seem to support building a submodule:

all-libraries = [ MATCH .*libs/(.*)/build/.* : [ glob
libs/*/build/Jamfile.v2 ]
    [ glob libs/*/build/Jamfile ] ] ;

but that's fixable as well and doesn't matter at the moment.

With all that said, I've recently grown a substantial dislike for
submodules. libs/* is the way to go, even (eventually) for numeric.