Subject: Re: [boost] Moving files around
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-10 09:45:15

John Maddock wrote:
> boost/utility/declval.hpp was moved into the type_traits repository to
> reduce dependencies on utility. OK fair enough.

I could have moved it into core, but I didn't want to start adding type
traits there until we've decided whether we're going to have some kind of
"core type traits".

Although, as things currently seem to stand, replicating a subset of the
type traits in core, along with a "proper" core::bool_, looks like the only
viable way forward. I still don't like that option much though.

As for the general point of your post, yes, you're absolutely right. In
fact, I would say that we should as a general rule no longer move headers
around at all.