Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc15] Attn: We need 2015 mentors and project ideas for Boost!
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-12 17:19:01

On 12 Jan 2015 at 19:37, Benedek Thaler wrote:

> FWIW, I'd like to continue Boost.Pipeline, if it's possible. The main goal
> is to enable a coroutine/fiber based scheduling mechanism to ensure optimal
> latency while keeping throughput high.

I think the quality of your GSoC last year qualifies you as competent
in C++, so you don't need to take any programming competency test
this year to be preferentially ranked. I think Vicente would concur
with me that you're considerably above the average GSoC candidate in
programming ability.

All you need is a mentor. Or, if you feel like mentoring another
student in Pipeline this summer ...?

I would though Benedek try to be flexible about your choice of
project if you want to be sure to get a mentor (Vicente is already
very overloaded every year). For example, a very attractive
intermediate GSoC might be working on Boost.Fiber, specifically I am
thinking some form of awareness of i/o in Fiber maybe. And Fiber
ought to be up for its second review shortly, after which it enters
Boost. From my short review of Fiber this week, it has very
considerably improved over the review last year.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/