Subject: Re: [boost] boost interval arithmetic
From: Marc Glisse (marc.glisse_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-14 13:17:09

(you seem to have missed the content of my previous reply, so warning: my
reply is in the middle of your message, top-posting is considered wrong on
this list)

On Wed, 14 Jan 2015, Павел Кудан wrote:

> Simple example.
>
> Say, we are trying to estimate some physical value with interval
> calculation depending on some measured values (as values are measured,
> they are not exact, known to us as some ranges of possible values, it's
> quite natural to use interval calculations here).
>
> Let it be some mass.
>
> A = [1,2]
> B = [-1, 1]
>
> M = A / B
>
> Calculated result with boot interval is [-infinity, -1].

It gives [-inf,+inf] for me. If you get something different, please file a
bug report in https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ with a compilable example
and as much information as you can so we can reproduce your result.

--
Marc Glisse