Subject: Re: [boost] boost interval arithmetic
From: Павел Кудан (coodan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-14 17:16:08

>Language barrier. You are grossly misunderstanding the documentation. "The
>set of division results" is [-inf,-1] union [1,inf]. "The smallest
>interval containing" this set is [-inf,inf]. It is NOT the same thing as
>the smallest connected component of the set.

Good news. In that case there is no bag in implementation of misconception.

But misconception still exist.

As a result of one of basic operator are still wrong.

[-inf, inf] IS NOT [-inf, -1] U [1, inf]

It should throw exception if it cannot provide correct result (intermediate situation, not applicable to usual float calculation, result is not single interval, but only single result can be returned by /= operator). We just finished a cyrcle and now we exactly where we were at very beggining :))

May be we could find a way to contact to class maintainers?