Subject: Re: [boost] Clang 3.4 failing to compile boost 1.57 headers
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-17 21:48:00

> Robert Dailey wrote:
> > I'm including <boost/format.hpp> and getting this error from Clang 3.4
> > on Ubuntu 12:
> > /home/fe/frontend/Core/ThirdParty/boost/include/boost/smart_ptr/detail/sp_counted_impl.hpp:229:31:
> > error: no type named 'allocator_traits' in namespace 'std'
> > Is this a bug or am I missing something? I'm using -std=C++11 flag.
>
> Looks like a problem on my side; you're probably using libc++. Can you
> please #include <memory> before <boost/format.hpp> and see if this fixes
> things?

Actually, I'm not so sure the problem is on my side, as shared_ptr.hpp does
appear to #include <memory> itself. It could be that
BOOST_NO_CXX11_ALLOCATOR is not being defined properly for your
configuration, so it's possible that the problem might be in Boost.Config.

What standard library is your installation of Clang using?