Subject: [boost] [uuid] Platform-specific UUID generator (was Re: Issue 9407: please merge fix)
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-18 07:57:05

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 10:49 AM, Antony Polukhin <antoshkka_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Looks like Boost.UUID library is not maintained.

This is unfortunate and reminded me this exchange:
https://twitter.com/niv_anteru/status/487496938150195200

A platform-specific random generator would apparently be far more efficient
(I say apparently because I didn't know there were platform-specific
uuid generation until I read this tweet).

I reminded this with the fix discussion and made the ticket marked as
feature request:

I'm taking note to try a patch but don't hold your breath.
Also, would there be any benefit in having another typedef in C++11 mode
which would use the std mersene twister instead of the boost one?