Subject: Re: [boost] Testing and toolsets
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-19 13:48:40

On 01/19/2015 09:34 PM, Robert Ramey wrote:
> Edward Diener-3 wrote
>> On 1/19/2015 11:14 AM, Robert Ramey wrote:
>>> I would like a method to condition an entire test program on the value
>>> of a boost config macro. I realize that this is a pain and god forbid I
>>> have to make my bjam script even more complex than it is or have
>>> to remember some more boost build syntax/rules. So far I've been
>>> able to avoid needing this.
>>
>> Did you not see a previous post from John Maddock explaining how to use
>> a "requires" rule invocation so that you can run a test depending on
>> config macro features ?
>
> No
>
>> Does that do what you want ?
>
> Maybe.
>
> What I really want is a window into the boost build documention which
> people can post this extra information to. Sort of like php - documentation
> or similar to the pages in the boost library incubator (www.blincubator). So
> that I don't have to spend hours trolling the whole world's internet to
> find information like this.

Robert,

the standard way for projects on github to maintain such dynamic documentation is the
wiki, so for Boost.Build, that would be:

        https://github.com/boostorg/build/wiki

that page is empty now, but if anybody has content to add, it's one click.

For example of a project that uses wiki for all documentation, see:

        https://github.com/mbostock/d3/wiki/API-Reference

--
Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Embedded