Subject: Re: [boost] How to get tests running for new library
From: Steven Ross (spreadsort_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-19 15:54:14

>> > It must be added to the status/Jamfile.v2

> >> Please create a pull request do to that for develop, but not yet for
> >> master. A new library goes in develop first, but only gets added to
> master
> >> when the release managers have reviewed the library and give the OK.
> >>

> > As part of decentralization, should we not change status/Jamfile.v2 to
> > enumerate libs/*/test and libs/*/*/test by itself? There are a few
> special
> > cases; those can be left in as special cases or fixed.

The sort library has just one tests directory, where you described it
(libs/sort/test), and I have no intention of splitting the library into
sublibraries from a testing perspective.

> Sounds good.. But I will reiterate my suggestion/request. Please stop
> having sublibs or special cases. All libraries should be just libs/*/test.
> Anything else just makes everything harder and error prone. I.e. it's more
> work for everyone.
>
> I've created https://github.com/boostorg/boost/pull/43
I'm not sure if that was the right way to do this, having never done a pull
request before. I haven't included the sort library in the boostorg/boost
project, on the assumption that boostorg/sort is the correct place to keep
it.