Subject: Re: [boost] Testing and toolsets
From: Andrzej Krzemienski (akrzemi1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-19 18:13:07

> On 1/19/2015 1:34 PM, Robert Ramey wrote:
>
>> Edward Diener-3 wrote

>>> Did you not see a previous post from John Maddock explaining how to use
>>> a "requires" rule invocation so that you can run a test depending on
>>> config macro features ?
>>>

>> No
>>

> Its title is:
>
> "[Config] Announce: New Build time configuration feature"

Ok, got it. I have two questions, though.

1. Is any of the Boost libraries using it currently for regression tests,
so that I can observe it in the wild?

2. Is this technique also recommended for my particular case of Optional
references? The reason my tests fail on some (many) compilers is because
different compilers have different bugs in the implementation of reference
binding. Last time I was advised not to add macros into Boost.Config that
only cover up for compiler bugs and are applicable to a single library. So
I am not sure anymore what is the advice for the case of regression testing
of Boost.Optional that is hit by reference binding bugs?

Regards,
Andrzej