Subject: [boost] Boost regression testing on Android
From: Dmitry Moskalchuk (dm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-21 10:01:03

Hi all,

We've just published CrystaX NDK 10.1
(https://www.crystax.net/android/ndk) which is a drop-in replacement for
the Google's Android NDK, and we've included prebuilt Boost 1.57.0
libraries there, to make life easier for those developers who want to
use Boost on Android.

The reason I write here is that in CrystaX NDK we were able to build
Boost for Android without any changes in Boost sources, just because
CrystaX NDK makes Android much more POSIX-conformant than original
Android is, and Boost just works on top of it. If you're interested how
we did it, please read description of CrystaX NDK release on
https://www.crystax.net/android/ndk.

Another important point is that we were able to run Boost regression
tests on Android devices - again, without any changes in Boost sources,
just providing own 'adbrunner' script as tests launcher. The only thing
needed is to plug one or more Android devices to USB ports and/or run
one or more Android emulators and then run script for Boost testing
provided by CrystaX NDK. As long as those devices/emulators are
available by ADB, Boost regressions tests will run on all of them.

As far as I know, Boost is not yet officially supported on Android
platform, mainly because of lack of regular regression testing
procedure. I wonder if someone would be interested in our results and,
if yes, would he/she like to participate in further Boost-on-Android
improvements?

--
Dmitry Moskalchuk