Subject: Re: [boost] Boost 1.58 schedule available?
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-21 12:25:42

Hi,

Olaf van der Spek schreef op 21-1-2015 om 18:09:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 5:00 PM, Barend Gehrels <barend_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> We are co-working with 5 people on our library, resulting in net more than 2
>> full-time.
>> So we have to plan a moment on which all current tasks are finished and we
>> can safely merge it to master, before starting the next tasks in develop or
>> other branches.
>>
>> To plan that moment, or possibly several of those moments, a schedule
>> certainly helps!
> Shouldn't you do (big) tasks on branches and merge those when ready?

Is it so weird to ask for a schedule?

It seems I'm the only one asking this for each release again and again,
we really need it.

Besides the merging, for which I still think can use a schedule, there
are also people using our library, asking when the new version is
available, and what's in it.

Based on the last version 1.57, of which a schedule was announced on
September 29, and which this was one of the dates:

* 13-Oct Last day for significant changes

and based on a 3-month scheme, we are already late.

Regards, Barend