Subject: Re: [boost] [type_traits] Rewrite and dependency free version
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-21 14:17:45

> Lexical_cast tests are broken with:
>
> ..\..\../boost/lexical_cast/detail/converter_numeric.hpp: In static
> member function 'static bool
> boost::detail::lexical_cast_dynamic_num_ignoring_minus<Target,
> Source>::try_convert(const Source&, Target&)':
> ..\..\../boost/lexical_cast/detail/converter_numeric.hpp:117:17: error:
> 'is_float' is not a member of 'boost'
> boost::is_float<Source>::value,
> ^
>
> One of the funcion_types tests fails because of this and running the
> lexical_cast tests fails also.

It's using is_float without including the header, I'm finding quite a
few of these, I've created a pull request.

Also started a list of these pull requests:
https://github.com/boostorg/type_traits/blob/Version2/changes%20pending.txt
Please update if any other changes to other lib's are required, so far I
have:

ITERATOR
~~~~~~~~

is_lvalue_iterator.hpp needs to include mpl/bool.hpp
https://github.com/boostorg/iterator/pull/11

LAMBDA
~~~~~~

Missing includes:
ice.hpp see https://github.com/boostorg/lambda/pull/3
Lots of headers: https://github.com/boostorg/lambda/pull/4

LEXICAL_CAST
missing is_float.hpp in converter_numeric.hpp
https://github.com/boostorg/lexical_cast/pull/8

There is also one runtime failure in Boost.Iterator with msvc-12 and the
new type_traits (function_input_iterator_test) which I don't understand
at all - anyone any ideas? Otherwise I'm just sort of hoping that
something more obvious will show up elsewhere and allow a sneaky fix.

John.